Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette

>> Saturday, April 17, 2010


I love The Barefoot Contessa! I wanted to serve a really simple green salad with the crab cakes so I went to one of my BC cookbooks and found this recipe. The dressing was perfect - just enough tang to be interesting but not enought to be overpowering. It was a great accompaniment for the crab cakes! I served the dressing with a mix of baby spinach and arugula and I sprinkled a little parmesan cheese and pine nuts on top.
Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette
Source: Barefoot Contessa Family Style by Ina Garten
3 T champagne vinegar
1/2 t dijon mustard
1/2 t minced fresh garlic
1 egg yolk, at room temperature (or you can substitute 1 T mayonnaise)
1/4 t kosher salt
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c good olive oil
Salad greens
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, egg yolk (or mayo), salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
Toss the greens with enough dressing to moisten and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP