My Favorite Sandwich

>> Monday, July 11, 2011


I love sandwiches. I don't know why but I just do. And this sandwich was great. It combined a subtle sweetness from the Hawaiian bread, the potent tang of fresh pesto, the smoky flavor of good deli meats and the creaminess of cheese. Delish! We had it for dinner and again for lunch the next day. And I'd eat it again today if I hadn't have run out of meat and cheese!


My Favorite Sandwich
recipe from Recipes to Run On

Hawaiian bread
Pesto - fresh or store bought
Mayonnaise
Good quality deli turkey, thinly sliced
Good quality deli ham, thinly sliced
Good quality provolone cheese, thinly sliced

Spread a light layer of mayo on the bottom piece of bread. Top with ham, turkey, and cheese. On the top piece of bread, spread a healthy dollop of pesto and place bread over the meats and cheese. Cut sandwich in half and enjoy.

2 comments:

Hunter N. July 14, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

where do you buy Hawaiian bread? This sounds awesome!

Erin July 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

You can buy Hawaiian bread at just about any grocery store. At HEB, it was in the bakery section. It was a really good sandwich!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP