Citrus-Glazed Pound Cake

>> Sunday, July 3, 2011


I've made no secret of my love of anything citrus, so this recipe was right up my alley. I made this on Monday and it was gone by Wednesday! My husband has quite a sweet tooth and in his words, "this cake is killer!" I really think I only ate two pieces and he finished off the rest. And my hips and thighs thank him for it!


Citrus-Glazed Pound Cake
recipe adapted from Everyday Food Magazine

1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), sifted, plus more for pan
1 c granulated sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 orange, juiced and zested, divided
2 lemons, juiced and zested, divided
1/2 t coarse salt
Confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with with non stick spray, or lightly butter and flour it. In a large bowl, using an electric mixture, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until very light and fluffy, 7 minutes. Scrape down sides and beat 1 additional minute. Add vanilla, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Gradually add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add salt, then gradually add flour, beating well to combine.

Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until toothpick comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 65 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from pan.

Make the glaze by stirring together remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, orange zest, orange juice and enough confectioners' sugar to create a fairly stiff, smooth glaze. Pour glaze over cake while the cake is still warm.

* As you can tell from my picture, I didn't bake my cake in a loaf pan because mine seems to have gone missing. Mine was fully baked in a much shorter time, about 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP