My Favorite Chicken Casserole

>> Sunday, November 21, 2010

When I got married, my mom put together a recipe box of all of our family recipes and a few new ones she thought I'd like. It was a wonderful gift and I use those recipes all the time. This chicken casserole is one of the new recipes that I have grown to absolutely love. I don't make it often as it's not very healthy but sometimes, especially if I need to feed a crowd, I just have to make it. Luckily for me, tonight was one of those times!


My Favorite Chicken Casserole

1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and chopped
4 T butter
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small white onion or 1/2 large white onion, chopped
2-3 celery ribs, chopped
1 8-oz pkg fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped
1/2 lb velveeta, cut into chunks
1/2 t black pepper
1 can reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 3-oz jar stuffed green olives, sliced
1 c chicken broth
12 oz farfalle pasta
Shredded cheddar cheese or breadcrumbs, for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring water to boil for pasta. Cook pasta according to pkg directions.

Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium heat melt butter. Add bell pepper, onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook until veggies are soft but not brown, about 10 minutes. Add velveeta and stir until melted. Blend in pepper, soup and olives. Add chicken and broth. Stir until well combined. Pour over cooked and drained pasta. Stir together.

Pour into a greased 9' x 13' casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese or breadcrumbs. Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP