Party Sandwiches

>> Monday, November 22, 2010


I've seen this recipe floating around the internet for months but I just got around to trying it. I really liked these little puppies and I think Andrew did too - after all he did eat 5 of them! They were easy and fast to prep so I think they would be a wonderful addition to a party buffet.


Party Sandwiches
adapted by Erin from All Recipes

4 T butter, melted
1 t Worcestershire sauce
2 t Dijon mustard
1/2 t poppy seeds*
1/2 t fennel seeds*
1/2 t dried chives*

12 dinner rolls
1/2 lb shaved deli meat (I used half smoked turkey and half honey ham)
Swiss cheese slices (I only used 3 full slices to cover 12 rolls)
Mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine butter, worcestershire sauce, mustard and spices. Set aside. (FYI - If you make the butter sauce a few minutes ahead of time, the butter sets up a little, which allows it to better adhere to the top of the dinner rolls.)

To assemble the sandwiches, split each roll in half. Smear mayo on one side of each roll. Top with deli meat, cheese and other half of the dinner roll. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet.

Using a spoon or pastry brush, liberally spread the butter sauce over the tops of the sandwiches. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until slightly browned and cheese is melted.

*I used poppy seeds, fennel seeds and dried chives because I had them on hand. I think you could easily substitute any or all of these with your favorite herbs. Some ideas - parsley, basil, sesame seeds, dried onion

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP