Roasted Tomato Appetizer

>> Friday, November 26, 2010


The sweetness of the roasted tomato, the creaminess of the cheese and the crunch of the cracker unite to make one delicious appetizer, if I do say so myself! One of my mom's friends brought something similar to a happy hour and I crammed as many of these in my mouth as I could. I absolutely loved it! You can make it with any kind of smallish tomato - I think for a Christmas appetizer, it would be really festive with red tomatoes!

Roasted Tomato Appetizer

1 pkg cherry or orange tomatoes, halved
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper
1 pkg Boursin cheese, any flavor (I have used Garlic & Herb and Black Pepper)
3-4 chives, chopped
1 pkg Carr's crackers

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together to evenly coat. Spread on a baking sheet cut side up. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes, until soft and slightly browned in some spots. Let cool. (You can use the tomatoes immediately or refrigerate for 1-2 days.)

On a serving platter, place Boursin cheese. Spoon tomatoes over and around cheese. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with crackers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP