Chicken Tostadas

>> Tuesday, January 18, 2011


I found this recipe on another food blog I like to look at and I loved that its a no-cook dish. We all need a few of those in our repertoires! My husband and I started a small business (I linked our website so you can check it out!) this fall and it really took off in January so these easy recipes are quickly becoming a staple in our household. Between raising a young daughter, keeping house and working on the business, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for cooking.


Anywhoo, this recipe was great and the sauce really makes the dish seem much more gourmet than it really is. I altered the toppings a bit and ended up popping them in the oven (thus ruining the whole no-cook aspect of the dish!) but I wanted my cheese melted. I used chicken meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken, refried black beans, a mix of shredded sharp cheddar and Monterrey jack cheeses, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce. I followed the recipe for the sauce though and I thought it was wonderful! I had intended to make a Mexican chopped salad to accompany the tostadas but time got away from me. I'm glad I didn't bother with the salad though because the tostadas were very filling on their own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP