Key Lime Pie

>> Monday, January 10, 2011


Key Lime Pie is probably my husband's favorite dessert so I'm always trying to make it for him. Our favorite KLP is at Houston's - their crust is a graham cracker crust with a heavy dose of cinnamon and the filling is wonderfully tangy without being too sweet. So every time I try a new KLP recipe, I'm hoping that maybe it will be similar to Houston's.


This is an Emeril Lagasse recipe and I thought it was pretty darn good. The sweetness of the crust, the sweet and sour filling and the tang from the sour cream topping complimented each other really well. Also, it came together quickly and it didn't have a super long list of ingredients, both of which are big pluses in my book. When I'm in a pinch and Andrew is craving KLP, then I'll definitely make this again. But my quest for a copycat recipe of Houston's KLP continues...In fact I think I may have to head to Houston's tonight, you know, for 'research'. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP