Super Bowl Food Ideas

>> Tuesday, January 18, 2011

When I think of the Super Bowl, I think of munching on a smorgasbord of finger foods - not football. And with the Super Bowl only a few weeks away, I know I'm already thinking what nibbles I can make and I bet I'm not alone. Just wanted to pass on a few of the recipes that I'm thinking of making...


Queso Blanco Dip - In Texas, we have all kinds of different queso recipes but this one using white cheese looks like a nice change of pace to me.

Sweet and Savory Wings - You can't have a game watching party without wings, right? This recipe intrigued me - read it and you'll see why!

Buffalo Popcorn Chicken Bites - These look easy and yummy!

Pretzel Crusted Pickle Chips with Mustard Sauce - These sound just weird enough to be delicious. And they have good reviews too!

Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos - Oh my gosh, these are delicious. I've made them several times (I'm not sure how they haven't made it onto my blog yet!) and I know they'd be a perfect addition to a buffet. If you make them, you MUST make the cilantro sauce that goes with them. The best part of this recipe is that it makes a ton and the left-overs freeze beautifully - even the sauce!

Salad on a Stick - I love this idea! It makes a salad look so much cuter and it makes it portable. I think kids would be more apt to eat their veggies if they're served on a skewer too.

Bacon Cheese Fries - When I lived in Dallas, I used to frequent this restaurant, Snuffer's, and they had the best cheese fries. This recipe sounds really similar and I think everyone would love them on game day.

Spinach Artichoke Dip - Spinach Artichoke Dip is a perennial favorite for a reason - it's good. Really, really good. It's a great dish for a buffet too because it can be prepared ahead of time and then baked right before the game. Plus you gotta get some veggies in somehow...


2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

Hi Erin!

I am Erin Forbes, I think we met at the Austin family reunion last year. Diana gave me your blog and I think it is great! I am just getting started food blogging. please check mine out


Anyway, I am trying a new recipe this weekend that I think would be perfect for the superbowl. Buffalo wing dip. mmmm!
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/05/buffalo-chicken-dip-recipe.html

Anonymous,  January 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM  

For some reason my other link didnt go through. my webpage is artfoodlife.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP