Weekly Meal Plan

>> Sunday, February 12, 2012

This Week's Menu:

Boilermaker Chili; Cornbread

Chicken Gnocchi Soup; Crusty Bread

Spicy Stewed Beef with Grits; Green Salad

Cowboy Quesadillas; Sliced Avocado

Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops; Stuffed Tomatoes; Parsleyed New Potatoes


Last Week's Reviews:

Having to review the previous week's meals forces me to hold myself accountable.  I totally fell off the wagon last week and didn't stick to the menu very well at all; therefore, I'm afraid my reviews aren't going to be of much help.

1.) Leftovers from the Super Bowl - we actually ate this two nights in a row!

2.) Thai Chicken Pizza - we didn't eat this one, but I plan on putting it on the menu again soon.

3.) Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken - nope, didn't make this one either...

4.) Seared Scallops with Cauliflower and Corn Puree and Pancetta - we made this one and it was good (although I'm not a big seafood fan) so I'll post it later this week

5.) Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin - I made this recipe but we didn't eat it.  The honey in the sauce completely burned, leaving the outside of the pork charred while the inside wasn't cooked through.  This was probably user error rather than a flawed recipe though since the recipe had good reviews.  I also made loaded mashed potatoes to go with the pork that we didn't eat either.  They tasted great...until Finley poured about 1/2 bottle of soy sauce on them.  This was the night we opted to eat Super Bowl leftovers for a second time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP