Chinese Chicken Salad

>> Sunday, May 29, 2011


There are a million versions of this simple salad floating around the web, but I felt it necessary to share it just in case someone hasn't seen it. Or just to emphasize how tasty it is if you haven't gotten around to making it yet. You really do need to give this salad a try! I can't even begin to guess how many times I have made it over the years. Whenever I'm in a quandry as to what to plan for dinner that week, I'll turn to this tasty little jewel. I usually have several of the ingredients in the pantry already, which is always a nice thing.

Chinese Chicken Salad

for the salad
1/2 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced (you can substitute almost any cabbage)
3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (sometimes I buy matchstick carrots to save time)
1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
3 green onions, sliced
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or sliced (I usually use a rotisserie chicken to save time)
Noodles from 1 pkg Ramen Noodles, broken into small pieces
1/2 c slivered almonds
1/4 c cilantro leaves, minced
1/4 c mint leaves, minced

for the dressing
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/3 c white vinegar
3 T white sugar
2 T soy sauce
2 t sesame oil
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
Black pepper

Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.

Mix dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake well to thoroughly combine. Pour over salad and toss well. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Thanks for visiting! Please leave questions or comments - I always love to hear from you!Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP