Stoofvlees (Belgian Beef Stew)

>> Wednesday, May 25, 2011


I'm probably a little late to jump on the bandwagon, but I just stumbled upon this awesome blog, Global Table Adventures. I absolutely love her concept of making a meal from every country in the world - I had such fun exploring her blog. She is conquering the countries alphabetically and is currently working on Guatemala. While I was perusing her menus, I found her recipe for a traditional Belgium beef stew called Stoofvlees. It was served over pomme frites (otherwise known as french fries, but that doesn't sound nearly as sophisticated!) so I knew it had to be a winner. Despite it not really being stew weather, I decided to go for it.

This recipe takes a little preplanning since it needs to marinate 24 hours and then it needs to cook for several hours. But the upside is that come dinnertime, you don't have much left to do! The beef was really tender and delicious and I loved eating it over the fries. Even Finley, who loves to chew meat and then spit it out, actually ate all of her beef. How could you not, it practically melted in your mouth! The only real down side was that the stew wasn't very healthy - it didn't have any veggies besides onion, and hello, it's served over fries. But every now and then, we all need a little dietary splurge!

Thanks for visiting! Please leave questions or comments - I always love to hear from you!Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP