Goat Cheese in Basil Oil

>> Wednesday, May 4, 2011


I saw this recipe on Annie's Eats, which is a great cooking blog in my humble opinion, and I knew I had to make it for one of my mom's weekly board meetings. You see, my sweet husband doesn't like goat cheese so I knew I couldn't make it for him. Too bad because it would be a spectacular starter for a romantic meal at home. But alas, I digress. Luckily I had another option where I could make it and take it and have it be appreciated - by someone other than myself! I love the simplicity of the recipe yet it looks, and tastes, very gourmet. And the vividness of the basil oil just screams springtime to me!


Here is a link to the original recipe, which I meant to follow exactly but accidentally combined the parmesan into the goat cheese. Hence why my version of the recipe can't be called Parmesan Crusted Goat Cheese with Basil Oil. Anyway, other than putting the parm in with the goat cheese, I followed the rest of the directions.

One word of warning: garlic. Raw garlic is pretty potent stuff and for me the two cloves of garlic were too powerful. (I woke up in the middle of the night burping garlic. Not cool.) So the next time I make it, I think I'll omit the garlic or substitute roasted garlic for the raw stuff. But if you like raw garlic, then the original recipe probably will be right up your alley!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP