Bacon, Potato, Rosemary and Fontina Pizza

>> Friday, December 3, 2010


I'm always looking for different pizza recipes since I love to serve homemade pizza on the weekends. Nothing says weekend more than pizza, wine and a movie! Anyway, I digress. This pizza was great and such a change from traditional pizza. The name pretty much says it all, except it does leave out the best part - the arugula you put on top after cooking. I love the peppery bite of arugula and I thought it paired nicely with the pizza.


Here are a few thoughts about the recipe though:
1.) Next time, I'll cook the bacon beforehand so it's crisper and the pizza won't be as greasy.
2.) I didn't make my own dough and you don't have too either. Most pizza places will sell you a huge ball of their dough for only $1-2. Score!
3.) While fontina is a wonderful melting cheese, it can be a little pricy (mine was $5.50 and I used it all). Fontina is a mild cheese, so I think you could easily substitute shredded mozzarella for a fraction of the price without sacrificing flavor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP