Chicken and Brie en Croute

>> Friday, December 3, 2010


Sounds pretty fancy-schmancy! But with only 4 ingredients, this recipe is fabulously easy too! I prepare this a lot when I'm short on time or not feeling particularly inspired to make a really time-consuming meal. This has been one of my go-to recipes for years and I can't believe I haven't posted on it already!


Below I have the basic recipe, but it can easily be adapted to fit your tastes. A few things that I've done in the past: added sauteed mushrooms or other veggies, omitted the brie and used up all the random pieces of cheese in the fridge, made them mini-size for an appetizer, used puff pastry dough in place of the crescent roll dough, used left-over Thanksgiving turkey instead of chicken...Really this versatile recipe is just a good starting off point!

Chicken and Brie en Croute
1 can crescent dough
2 chicken breasts cooked and diced (I usually buy a rotisserie chicken to save time)
4 oz brie cheese (I suggest the garlic & herb flavored brie so you don't have to worry with adding a bunch of herbs yourself. I realize how lazy that makes me...)
2 green onions, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the crescent roll dough. Press the seams of 2 triangles together to make a rectangle. You'll end up with a total of 4 rectangles.

To assemble, place a handful of chopped chicken, a few spoonfuls of brie and a smattering of green onions on one half of each rectangle, leaving a little dough showing on all the edges. Fold the dough over itself and press the edges together firmly to seal it. You don't want any of that delicious cheese escaping! Bake on a greased baking pan for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP