Ham & Gruyere Thumbprints

>> Monday, December 20, 2010


I've been assigned (okay, actually I sort of begged) appetizers for Christmas dinner. Since my darling daughter took another nap this afternoon, I started my work early. Yay for appetizers that can be made ahead of time, frozen and then baked from their frozen state (i.e. no defrosting)!

I found this recipe on Martha Stewart's website and it sounded intriguing to me - turning a sweet cookie on its head to become a savory appetizer. While I did manage to freeze most of these, a few of them found their way into my tummy. They were delicious - flavorful and flaky "cookie" and melted cheese! If you're looking for a unique finger food, I'd highly recommend these!

As always, I can't follow a recipe exactly; however, I only made two little changes. Instead of using the full 1 cup of shredded gruyere, I used 3/4 cup gruyere and 1/4 parmesan. I also added chopped chives to the batter and sprinkled a few on top for a garnish.

2 comments:

Alicia December 22, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

Oh wow. These look delicious! I'm racking my brain for a reason to make these...maybe New Years? Thanks for sharing.

Erin January 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM  

Alicia, these were fabulous - both fresh and the ones that were frozen and reheated. You must find a reason to make them sometime soon!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP