PW's Blackberry Cobbler

>> Thursday, December 9, 2010


My daughter loves blackberries so I buy a pint almost every week at the grocery store. But one thing that's important for me to remember, which I often don't, is that Finley eat minuscule amounts of food. So at just about any given time, there are multiple containers of half-filled with berries in my refrigerator. I was thumbing through my Pioneer Woman cookbook and found this recipe for blackberry cobbler and I had all the ingredients! Hallelujah!


I thought the name 'cobbler' wasn't really fitting for this recipe. It reminded me more of a clafouti than a cobbler as it has a cake-y dough on the bottom. It's still a delicious dessert though and I'll definitely make it again....but I'll call it by it's proper name - blackberry clafouti. I served it with vanilla ice cream on the side and it really was a great dessert.

Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler
adapted from Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks

1/4 lb (1 stick) butter, melted
1 1/4 c plus 2 T sugar
1 c cake flour
1 c milk
1 t vanilla
a pinch of salt
2 c fresh blackberries, washed and patted dry

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter (or nonstick spray).

Place the butter in a bowl and microwave until melted. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 c sugar, flour, milk, vanilla and salt. Whisk in melted butter. Pour the batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the batter. Sprinkle berries with 1/4 c sugar.

Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown and bubbly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP