Apricot & Almond Cream Cheese Bars

>> Friday, November 20, 2009


I had some odds and ends that I wanted to use up so I put together this little diddy. I imagined it as a dessert but it's divine for breakfast with a good cup of coffee. (When I got up this morning, I discovered that Andrew had eaten about 2/3 of the pan already - apparently they received his approval!)


For the bars:

2 cans crescent rolls
8 oz cream cheese
1 egg
1 1/2 t almond extract
1/3 c sugar
8 oz apricot preserves, melted
1 t cinnamon
2 T sugar
3 T butter, melted
2 oz sliced almonds

Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Press one can of crescent dough into the bottom of the pan, pressing the seams together.

In a food processor or mixer, combine cream cheese, egg, extract and sugar. Process until smooth and creamy. Spread onto dough. Top with melted preserves followed by the second can of crescent rolls. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar and almonds.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP