Proscuitto & Parmesan Pinwheels

>> Friday, November 20, 2009


Since I had an extra sheet of puff pastry leftover from my chicken pot pie, I decided to whip up one of my favorite appetizers - Proscuitto and Parmesan Pinwheels. They're basically like a glorified ham and cheese sandwich and just as easy to make. And did I mention they're awesome?!

Pinwheels - makes about 16-18:

2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
2 T dijon mustard
8 thin slices of proscuitto
parmesan cheese, grated or shaved

Unroll the puff pastry sheets. Brush each sheet with some dijon mustard. Sprinkle liberally with parmesan. Lay slices of proscuitto over parmesan. Roll up the pastry sheet jellyroll-style and press to seal edges together. Wrap logs in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to a day. Unwrap logs and slice each one into eight or nine slices, about 3/4th of an inch wide. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray and place pinwheels two inches apart. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until pastry dough is lightly browned and cooked through.

And then try not to eat all of them immediately! (Update: I think I jinxed myself since Andrew did just that. I walked into the kitchen to see Andrew finishing the last one! Good thing I ate one last night!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP