Bread Pudding with Whiskey Cream Sauce

>> Sunday, October 11, 2009


Saturday night for dessert I made a bread pudding with a whiskey cream sauce. For our anniverdary dinner this year, Andrew and I went to Green Pastures and I had an excellent bread pudding - and I've been craving it ever since! This was my attempt to recreate it but I wasn't thrilled with the results. It wasn't bad, it just didn't live up to its predecessor.


What made this bread pudding different from other recipes I'd looked at was that it used fresh bread bread, not day old/slightly stale bread. Therein lied the problem, I think. The bread pudding ended up a little too soggy for me but everyone else seemed to like it...or they were just being polite! Here's the recipe that I used: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/bread_pudding_f/ and here is the recipe I think I'll try the next time I'm craving bread pudding:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gale-gand/whiskey-bread-pudding-recipe/index.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP