Dressed Up Bacon Mac 'N' Cheese

>> Thursday, October 15, 2009


I love macaroni and cheese but I never want to make it for dinner because it doesn't seem substantial enough - just lots of cheese and carbs, not that those are bad things! So I decided to bulk it up a bit to make it a little more interesting. I used a Food Network magazine recipe as the basis for the dish and then I made a couple of changes. I added chopped zucchini, tomatoes, and chicken to jazz it up and make it feel more like an entree casserole rather than a side dish. Based on reviews of the recipe, I added cheddar cheese (and lots of it!) as well. Overall, I thought it was pretty good but my quest for the ultimate mac'n'cheese will continue. However, Andrew got seconds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP