Deconstructed Chicken Cordon Bleu and Bacon and Brussel Sprout Hash

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2009


Now that I'm staying home with Finley, we watch a lot of TV. Food Network is a favorite and one day I saw an episode of Tyler Florence's Ultimate show during which he featured Chicken Cordon Bleu (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-cordon-bleu-recipe2/index.html). To make it easier on myself (I do have a 10 week old after all!), I 'deconstructed' the chicken simply because I didn't have time to make it ahead and refrigerate it. Basically I breaded the chicken as Tyler did, but then I baked it and when it was almost done, I laid the proscuitto and shredded gruyere on top, and returned it to the oven to let the cheese melt. I thought it turned out just alright. Honestly it's probably not a recipe I'll make again because I felt the proscuitto and gruyere were just a little too overpowering and pungent. That being said, it's really highly rated online so it may be a recipe you would love!


But the real stand out to me was the Bacon and Brussel Sprout Hash (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/bacon-and-brussels-sprout-hash-recipe/index.html). I loved it and I will definitely keep it in mind the next time I roast a chicken or have a dinner party. And I loved the burst of color the purple fingerling potatoes added! I had fun making it too because I'd never worked with fingerling potatoes before and I don't think I'd had brussel sprouts since I was a kid. All in all, it's a keeper!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP