My Favorite Salad

>> Wednesday, October 21, 2009


Sagra is an Italian restaurant here in Austin that I love for one their salads. I've recreated it at home several times and it never disappoints. There's not really a recipe so much as there are ingredients that you throw together: arugula, crisped and crumbled pancetta, diced pears, toasted walnuts and goat cheese with a champagne vinaigrette. Tonight I subbed bleu cheese for the goat cheese because Andrew much prefers it and the salad still turned out great. For the vinaigrette I whisk together white wine or champagne vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, chives, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and olive oil - sorry I don't have the quantities - but you could always use a bottled champagne vinaigrette too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP