Spaghetti Carbonara a la Erin

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2009




Being a stay at home mom to an infant necessitates having a few recipes that can come together really quickly with minimal prep. Spaghetti Carbonara fits the bill - I literally had this on the table in 20 minutes tonight! I don't have a real recipe because I just kind of eyeball a lot of the ingredients but here's my basic recipe. But beware, this is not a healthy recipe!


Spaghetti Carbonara a la Erin

Ingredients:
4 slices peppered bacon
1 egg (I use pasteurized eggs to reduce the risk of salmonella), beaten
2-3 tablespoons white wine
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 oz grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
12 oz spaghetti noodles
parsley for garnish

Over medium heat, fry the bacon in a large saucepan until browned and crispy. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain and reserve the bacon fat in the saucepan.

Meanwhile cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain pasta and add to bacon fat in saucepan.

In a small bowl, combine egg, white wine and cream. Add mixture and parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with parsley and extra parmesan cheese.


Here's a link to a more adventurous carbonara recipe that I want to try but I won't because I know Andrew would be completely opposed to the addition of cinnamon. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/cinnamon-pancetta-carbonara-recipe/index.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP