Poblano Cream Sauce

>> Thursday, December 17, 2009


After Finley was born, my sweet friends brought us many, many meals so that Andrew and I didn't have to worry about grocery shopping and cooking while our daughter was in the NICU. One of the dishes was chicken with poblano cream sauce brought by Meagan. It was delicious and I've made it several times since then. Meagan gave me the recipe that she uses but I've misplaced it so I've started using a similar recipe I found in one of my cookbooks.
Poblano Cream Sauce
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 poblano chile, minced
3/4 c onion, diced
2 T garlic, chopped
3/4 c cilantro, chopped
1/4 c whipping cream
1/2 c sour cream
salt & pepper
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the chile and onion and saute about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes to blend and thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender or pour into blender to puree.
Source Secrets from a Caterer's Kitchen by Nicole Aloni
**I serve this with cilantro-lime rice (recipe in previous post) and sauteed chicken breasts topped with sauce, shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and avocado slices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP