Cheesy Bruschetta

>> Friday, January 1, 2010


Having made a batch of herb butter to use up some fresh herbs, I was looking for new ways to use it. I looked at the ingredients I had on hand - some french bread, left-over cheese and some honey - and decided to see how well those flavors would marry. I thought they got along great and really enjoyed making a light lunch out of these little nibbles! The herbs and the tangy cheese are really complimented by just a tad of sweetness from the honey and the crunch of the bread. Loved it!

Cheesy Bruschetta
1 loaf french bread, sliced into rounds
1 wedge creamy, soft cheese (I used a tangy Italian goat cheese but I think a feta would be good)
1 recipe herb butter (found in my archives under Sauces/Condiments)
honey, for drizzling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, top each bread round with a slice of cheese and a dollop of herb butter. Bake rounds on a cookie sheet for about 5-10 minutes, or until the butter is fully melted and the cheese is softened. Once removed from oven, drizzle each round with honey and place of serving dish. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP