Christmas Salad

>> Friday, January 1, 2010

With the typical Christmas melee, I totally forgot to take pictures of the dishes I brought, but both of them were really great so I wanted to post them anyway. For my salad, I used Tyler Florence's salad dressing but I changed the salad ingredients to better fit my tastes. I love all of the flavors of this salad individually and I thought they were absolutely fantastic all together. Additionally, the bright red of the pomegranite seeds and the bright green of the pistachio halves made the salad look festive and very fitting at a Christmas dinner. (I made a half recipe of the dressing as I don't like my salads to be completely saturated with dressing; however, in the dressing recipe below, I used the original amounts from Tyler's recipe.)

Christmas Salad
1 container baby spinach
1 bag arugula
1/2 pomegranite, seeded
1/2 c pistachios, shelled and halved
1 large shallot, thinly sliced
1 wedge Manchego cheese, shaved

Dressing
1/4 c honey
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
1 T grainy mustard
extra virgin olive oil

In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, arugula, pomegranite seeds, pistachios, shallots and Manchego.

In a small saucepan, combine honey and vinegar and cook over medium-high heat, whisking often, until the honey melts, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add mustard and stir to combine. Slowly add about 1 c olive oil while whisking the vinegar mixture. Pour dressing over the greens and serve.

Here's a link to the original recipe that I based this recipe off of:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/warm-wilted-winter-greens-recipe2/index.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP