Homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing

>> Friday, January 1, 2010


A few weeks ago, I used store bought bleu cheese dressing and was really disappointed with the flavor - it was oddly sweet. So I decided the next time I had a hankering for it, I'd make it from scratch. For my salad components, I used a mixture of baby spinach and arugula, halved grape tomatoes, avocado chunks and cucumber slices. I topped the salad dressing with fresh snipped chives and a good shake or two of pepper. I really liked this recipe and will definitely use it again!

Bleu Cheese Dressing
3/4 c plus 2 T sour cream
4 oz crumbled blue cheese (I used gorgonzola)
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 T white wine vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard
3 T water (I used half water and half fresh squeezed lemon juice)
1 T finely snipped chives
salt and pepper

Place the sour cream, cheese, garlic vinegar, mustard and water in a food processor, and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chives. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Source The Illustrated Kitchen Bible, Editor-in-chief Victoria Blashford-Snell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP