Easy Beef Bulgogi

>> Sunday, January 3, 2010


My sister-in-law is Korean and introduced me to Korean food. I've watched Yeji make her bulgogi once or twice but I never paid attention to exactly how she did things. I started craving some bulgogi this afternoon and could not stop thinking about it. We have some pretty good Korean restaurants around our neighborhood, but Andrew and I are really trying to cook more and eat out less. So what was I left to do but attempt to make my own bulgogi at home! I have to say that while this recipe is probably not very authentic, it still had great flavor and Andrew and I really liked it. Best of all - I was able to buy all the ingredients at our local grocery store and didn't have to go to the Asian market.

Easy Beef Bulgogi
1 1/3 lb flank steak, tenderized
6 T soy sauce
2 T sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 t chili garlic paste
2 1/2 T brown sugar
2 green onions, chopped
2 T sesame seeds

To serve
Cooked white rice
Red leaf lettuce
Soybean paste

Place flank steak in freezer for 30 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.

In a food processor, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, chili paste, brown sugar, green onions and sesame seeds. Pulse until combined into a thin paste. Pour into a large ziploc bag and put the beef in as well. Rub marinade into beef. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, cook beef until done. Serve with rice and bean paste (just a tad because it's pretty salty) and wrap in a lettuce leaf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP